Thursday, January 20, 2011

insurance claim

again an old letter i discovered from my old files. it illustrates the frustration of an insured against an insurance company who refuses to pay his rightful claim....

TO: UCPB Gen.

Dear Sir:

I would like to reiterate my appeal regarding the uncalled for multiple deductions you are claiming from me.

As stated in my affidavit, my insured vehicle is a victim of unwarranted and senseless vandalism, hooliganism and theft which happened right in front of our residence. I happened to park it unattended because my residence is a mixed residential-commercial establishment situated in front of the public market and I simply do not have a private garage. All I know is that my vehicle was in excellent condition when I left it but it was not so when I saw it again. Those damages and losses resulted from one incident, I repeat, ONE INCIDENT and as far as our insurance policy is concerned, only one deduction is charged for one incident. You also mentioned that it is your policy when it comes to damaged unattended vehicles to make one deduction per panel. But isn’t it a fact that vandals do what they do because they are vandals and therefore do not care about aesthetics nor symmetry or the fact that they inflict damage on only one panel or two or three. I cannot explain what went inside the minds of the vandals and hooligans to do such a thing to my vehicle for who could explain the intricacies of the human mind or at least those of the evil kind. If I could explain what happened I would have been in jail right now for killing those animals. Fortunately I don’t know them and I hope I never will.

I also became a victim twice over because it has been a month since I submitted my requirements and it is only this week that I received your evaluation report ( and an unfavorable one at that) simply because your company lost my submitted requirements, which I only learned after burning the telephone lines and spending so much money on long distance calls following up on my papers which were inexistent as far as your company is concerned. When I have to resubmit my papers, I knew that I was being screwed again.

My past insurance record speaks for itself. This said vehicle has been insured for the last 5 years (4 years with your firm) and I have not made any single claim from the insurer simply because I am a careful and prudent driver.

I have been victimized twice now. Don’t make me a victim thrice over. And please don't make me call you again!!!

Very truly yours

insured

ps. after this incendiary letter. blogger's claim was approved pronto.

No comments: